It has been the design that has got me back in to stitching after a long period where I haven't really fancied stitching. It comes in two versions - a cross stitch version and a speciality stitch version which is the one I'm doing. Yvonne has chosen 10 of the colours and then I had to choose 3 greens and 8 floral colours. I'm stitching it on 32ct evenweave which I dyed myself using Procion dyes. I wanted a very pale mottled colour and it worked - it's very subtle, a green and peach mottled fabric. The threads I'm using are:
- Anchor 217, 215, 214, 872, 870
- Dragon Floss Impulse, Ice Pink and Phoenix Feathers stranded cotton
- Chameleon Threads Mango stranded cotton
- Caron Collection Waterlilies Silk Orchid
- Gloriana Silk Bluberry
- Kreinik Very Fine Braid 9294
The metallic doesn't show up well in the photo. It's lilac and blue and picks up on the colours of the other threads without being too overpowering. I've sent a photo to Yvonne - hope she likes what I've done with the design.